Mission statement and Aims
All pupils are entitled to a safe, supportive and stimulating environment in which they are happy, healthy and enabled and encouraged to achieve as individuals.
Jack Tizard School offers a positive, enjoyable, life-enhancing education and provides a range of opportunities for the development of each pupil.
- Establish rapport, and respectful, trusting relationships with pupils, their families and their carers.
- Encourage the development of self-confidence, sensitivity and respect for others through the understanding of individual rights and responsibilities.
- Ensure positive inclusion of all pupils by fostering community links and developing the role of the school as part of the total educational provision.
- Provide a curriculum that is accessible and relevant to the needs of each individual pupil through a range of activities and opportunities which ensure that learning is fun.
- Encourage self-advocacy and independence.
- Generate attitudes of respect and understanding towards all individuals irrespective of background.
- Give emphasis to the quality of relationships between all people in the school.